Early Intervention Aide
This paid internship requires minimum 9-month commitment.
Start date is flexible, but a regular weekly schedule is expected. We can work with your school schedule on a term-by-term basis.
Children’s Therapy Services supports the early intervention program and inclusive preschool. Classrooms are designed to foster the educational development of all children regardless of ability. The EI Program Aide is responsible for assisting and carrying out classroom goals and objectives for our children. In addition, the EI Program Aide supports Therapists by preparing classrooms, providing administrative support to the team, and maintaining a safe and orderly play and work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in planning and implementation of classroom activities (including set-up and clean-up of class, organization of classroom and program materials, preparing daily snack)
- Provide behavioral support for children with special needs
- Supervise children to ensure safe play in the classroom and on the playground
- Actively participate in classroom activities to encourage age appropriate play skills
- Change diapers and assist with self-help skills in the restroom
Qualifications for the Position
- Experience and/or coursework in Early Childhood Special Education
- 12+ ECE units preferred, but not required
- Experience with at-risk or developmentally delayed children preferred
For more information, please visit our Therapy page.
Abilitypath is committed to providing immersive, rewarding experiences for our interns, and to provide training, mentorship and professional development opportunities related to direct care.
- Non-profit program operations
- Case management
- Behavioral management, goal setting, and support plan development
- Social work insights
Enhanced Intern Experience:
- Executive mentorship
- Professional networking opportunities
- Information sessions
- Letters of recommendation
- After-work socials